Saturday, August 19, 2006

Just felt like making a blog.

Hi,

I figured I should do something bloggy with this thang I do. Soon I'll put an abridged archive of my weekly lists, then maybe I'll put some of my items up (or something like that).

Here's a brief disclaimer:

I try to list things that cost $10 or less. There may be ancillary costs that might bring the cost of the outing over $10, but that's up to you... I do my best to bring you the most accurate information, but I can't guarantee anything will happen as expected. (My life is filled with examples of this...)

This is, of course, not a complete list of cheap free things to do. I pick the stuff that offer the best potential for fun -- or provide some value to your life and/or the world in general.

Or you can subscribe to my weekly e-list of things to do around Boston for $10 or less: cheapthrillsboston ] a t [ gmail.com.

Please feel free to send me tips/info too!

~r

** Hey, the Boston Globe (in November '08) said this was one of the best local websites, so I guess I'm doing something right...

** The Globe's "Go To It" likes me too: "He's got a gusto for good deals and a blog to share his thrifty finds."

5 comments:

Dena Lewittes said...

upcoming show for $10 . can u put it on your blog. I think your readers will be pleased

April 7th- Harpers Ferry Chinatown Throwdown Tour. Other tour cities are philly and New York. Lots of Local Talent!!

see out website: myspace.com/urbaneyes to learn more and see a flyer!


Proposed Lineup:
915pm: SEX! - Check out www.myspace.com/thisissexmusic
9:55pm: The Vader Boys - Check out www.myspace.com/imavaderboy
10:05pm: Vamoose - Check out www.myspace.com/vamooseishere
10:45pm: The Vader Boys - Check out www.myspace.com/imavaderboy
11:00pm: Spokkinmovement - Check out http://www.myspace.com/spokinnmovement

The Refinery Boutique said...

Hey Cheap Thrills,

So I have this new Etsy shop that I am trying to promote around town: www.therefineryboutique.etsy.com.

I would love to giveaway a customized Boston skyline necklace as a freebie on your blog. Free thrills.

My email is therefineryboutique@gmail.com if this could work!

- Kelly

wilderness in my head said...

Hi, I follow your blog and thought you might be interested in Dorado Tacos & Cemitas free taco day.

More information:
Dorado Tacos & Cemitas of Brookline, MA is celebrating its’ one-year anniversary by offering free Ensenda-style fish tacos on Thursday, July 29, 2010. Located at 401 Harvard Street in Brookline, MA, come receive a fresh, seasonal and traditional Baja California-style fish taco with no purchase necessary. Dorado Tacos & Cemitas has innovated Mexican-style street food and created flavorful dishes unique to Boston. Enjoy a free taco in Dorado’s environmentally sustainable restaurant or outdoor seating between the hours of 12:30PM-1:30PM, 4:30PM-5:30PM and 6:30PM-7:30PM. Also, there is a contest to win free tacos for a year! Please enter by Thursday, the 29th, at 12:30PM. For further information visit www.doradotacos.com, follow on Twitter @doradotacos and fan on Facebook www.facebook.com/doradostacos.

Thanks for your time,
Lauren

Unknown said...

Free movie screening:

http://www.fabatorium.com/

The movie is “Ride the Divide”, a fun 80-minute documentary film following mountain bike racers as they trek along the continental divide from Canada to Mexico.

Where: One Memorial Drive, Kendall Square, Cambridge (see website for details and directions).

When: 6pm, Wednesday Aug 4.

Cost: Free. If you choose to give a donation (of any amount), you get a free drink ticket, plus free entry into a raffle for getting one of the many items donated by sponsors. All proceeds from donations go to the Adventure Cycling organization to support their effort to coordinate the development of the US Bicycle Route system.

Registration is required
****** RSVP at http://www.fabatorium.com ******

Kate said...

Congrats on your best local website title from the Globe, impressive, hopefully I can get there one day!

ShareThis2