Monday, July 06, 2009

Advance Notice, THUR 7/9: RSVP for Music & Beer


7:30pm to Midnight
Shiny Toy Guns, DJ Clinton Sparks
at Parris / Ned Devine’s, Quincy Market Building, 2nd Floor, Boston (Faneuil Hall)
FREE w/ RSVP / 21+

I don't know if there's any space left, but it doesn't hurt to try.

I went to an Amstel Light party a couple years ago, and it was a good time except they were a bit slow in handing out the free beers -- and I wasn't the only person that felt that way.

Keep in mind that there will be free beers at this "unique nightclub experience fusing art, live music, dance, and DJ's". In my experience, there will at least be some attractive and/or friendly singles...

Until I heard their cover of "Major Tom", I was wavering about calling Shiny Toy Guns a 'new wave' band. I assume they're going to perform, but I see STG also do DJ sets at some parties. As one of the most famous DJ's to come out of Boston, you know you'll get a set from Clinton Sparks that will keep the party going like one of his mixtapes.

RSVP by emailing your name(s); mention "Boston Phoenix" in your email. Maybe something like this. Everyone may have to RSVP separately, but you can try to put multipe names in one email...

3 comments:

Callie Durbrow said...

Cool site, just stumbled upon it but I am looking forward to checking out all of the posts!

missRaz said...

i can see how you would label STG as "new wave," but i like to classify them as electro-pop esp. when it comes to "You Are The One," and possibly the slow jam "Waiting."

too bad i wont be in the Bean on thursday night :(

rob v said...

I hope you see other things you like.

About STG, that's a fair point but I was trying to give a short description for a free beer night.

~r

ShareThis2